We Are Hiring: Development Manager
Position Description: DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Project Medishare is a non-profit organization working in Haiti dedicated to sharing its human and technical resources with its Haitian partners in the quest to achieve quality healthcare and development services for all.
Project Medishare is looking for a dynamic, energetic, self-driven, and highly focused individual to take on a fundraising role at Project Medishare. Applicants must have solid experience in the implementation of sustained fundraising effort including identifying, soliciting, and retaining corporate, foundation and individual donors. Candidate must also have strong writing and communication skills.
The position is a full-time position, based in Miami, with periodic short-term travel to Haiti required, with the position reporting to the Executive Director of Project Medishare.
- Working with Executive Director, Country Director, and entire team to create a strategic plan and budget for increasing the revenue generated by the organization annually from grants, foundations, corporations and individual donors.
- Develop, implement, and track specific efforts that will identify, solicit, and retain individual, foundation, institutional, and corporate donors to Project Medishare for established programs, as well as new efforts (sustainability campaign).
- Create and maintain donor management strategies that will establish and build strong relationships with individual donors and prospective donors.
- Creates, develops and produces print and media informational brochures which support the Organizations’ goals and objective.
- Utilize research, analysis, trends, technology, communication resources, personal contacts, volunteers, and staff to create lasting relationships with foundations, corporations and individual Donors.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors on Board Development and Board centered fundraising activities as part of the new fundraising campaign.
- Work closely with Executive Committee to leverage their skills/increase their involvement in fundraising efforts.
- Develop fundraising campaign measurement tools and strategies to help us effectively track fundraising efforts and ensure goals are being met. Will require use of database or Customer Relationship Management system.
- Provide general support and leadership to Project Medishare and fundraising activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong Experience (at least 5 years) in sales or fundraising required, preferably grants and individual giving.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Prior nonprofit experience, with emphasis in relationship management.
- Experience with Donor/Client Databases or Customer Relationship Management systems.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and planning skills.
- Ability and proven experience working as part of a team.
- A strong and already established network in South Florida/familiarity with the South Florida funding community is preferred.
- Experience in marketing, public relations, and customer service preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, highly-responsive environment, and on multiple projects with multiple constituents.
- Ability to work with an international team in all aspects of work.
- Able to work through political landscapes, and thoroughly understand the interests of all constituents.
- Able to lead collaborative efforts and ‘build bridges’ between multiple, and complex, constituents.
- Self-driven, solution oriented, proactive, and highly committed to going ‘above and beyond’ in order to achieve successful, demonstrated, outcomes.
- High proficiency in computer skills.
- Fluent in English. French/Haitian Creole is a plus.
Please email resume and cover letter to: HR@ProjectMedishare.org
(Please no phone calls)