Miami HEAT to commemorate one-year anniversary of Haiti earthquake
In observance of the one-year anniversary of the earthquake that devastated Haiti on January 12, 2010, the Miami HEAT will honor the victims and the survivors of the catastrophe during their road games against the Los Angeles Clippers on January 12 and the Denver Nuggets on January 13.
- HEAT players will wear the special shooting shirt during warm ups.
- The HEAT coaching staff and broadcasting team will wear the special Haiti awareness ribbons.
- The Miami HEAT Charitable Fund will present Project Medishare with a $25,000 check to assist with the on-going relief efforts. An initial $25,000 donation was personally presented to Project Medishare in Haiti in June 2010 by a Miami HEAT contingent, which included HEAT Head Coach Erik Spoelstra, HEAT greats Alonzo Mourning and Tim Hardaway and HEAT Play-By-Play Announcer, Eric Reid.
- All Miami Hoops Gear locations—including the flagship store at AmericanAirlines Arena, the satellite store at Dolphin Mall and the online stores at MiamiHoopsGear.com and Facebook.com/MiamiHEAT—will sell special $5.00 rubber wristbands with proceeds benefiting Project Medishare, the non-profit organization founded by Dr. Barth Green and Dr. Arthur Fournier that provides life-saving medical care and community services to the people of Haiti.
- A public service announcement featuring Dwyane Wade will air urging the public to make a $5.00 donation to Project Medishare by texting the word SAVE to 501501.