We are hiring in Haiti: Database Specialist at Project Medishare for Haiti
Database Specialist at Project Medishare for Haiti
The filed office in Haiti is seeking a Database Specialist with previous experience in creating, managing health focused database. Applicants must have extensive experience database development and training in large scale programming in Haiti.
The position is a full-time position, based 4 days in Thomonde, Haiti with the position reporting to the Grant Manager of Project Medishare.
• Participate in studies and evaluations planning process, including daily monitoring.
• Cooperate with scenario developers during census, studies/surveys.
• Generate/modify/configure databases.
• Train database tool operators in the use of tools.
• Coordinate database validation with Grant Manager and Program Director.
• Maintain a repository of databases used for programmatic purpose.
• Capture lessons identified/learned related to databases throughout the Haiti program from planning through execution to after-action analysis.
• Provide database expertise and participate in experiments and testing of new tools and upgrades in the M&S environment.
• All other tasks associated with database creation and management.
• Experience in relational database management; thorough practical knowledge of related concepts such as normalization, query languages, scripting, common networked applications.
• At least 2 years of experience in database design and implementation techniques and methodologies.
• Excellent practical knowledge of modern database management systems such as Oracle and MS SQL.
• Experience in using SPSS, STATA or Epi-Info and ACCESS.
• Good understanding of data structures and concepts applicable to health related projects.
• Experience in developing technical documentation for data entry clerks/archivists.
• Ability to explain the requirements to non-technical personnel and to effectively cooperate with them in information gathering process.
• Able to work through political landscapes, and thoroughly understand the interests of all constituents
• Goal-oriented approach, determination to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team.
• High self-motivation.
• Fluent in English and Haitian Creole or French.
University degree or equivalent in computer science, IT engineering or related subject, preferably with database-oriented profile.
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to: HR@projectmedishare.org
Please no phone calls