Seeking Experienced Executive Director
Project Medishare for Haiti is currently seeking an experienced CEO/Executive Director that will serve as the Chief Executive, responsible for the overall management of the organization and reporting to the board of directors and executive committee. Project Medishare for Haiti, a Miami, Florida based 501C3, is an organization dedicated to sharing its human and technical resources with its Haitian partners in the quest to establish sustainable healthcare and community development services for all. Our mission is achieved by creating infrastructure and capacity building programs in Haiti that are implemented and operated long-term by Haitians. Project Medishare is an established nonprofit, with over a decade of proven track record in Haiti. Project Medishare is a recipient of grants from USAID and American Red Cross, and has several high-profile individuals who serve on the board of directors.
The Executive Director will work between Port au Prince, Haiti and Miami. Project Medishare will provide housing accommodations and transportation in Haiti.
- Develop short and long-term strategic plans with a strong focus on sustainability and PM mission, vision and organizational goals in partnership with the executive committee, and with the support of the board of directors.
- Ensure implementation of strategic plan that includes target timelines, goals and measureable results.
- Provide skilled leadership, management, and career development support for Project Medishare employees both in Miami and in Haiti.
- Oversee the development of a creative and dynamic communication, fundraising, public relations and marketing plan to maximize national and international visibility and awareness of Project Medishare and its programs and achievements.
- Complete ongoing assessment of programmatic achievements, with clearly defined measurements of success in order to evaluate effectiveness for future planning and for grant reporting.
- Develop proposals and grants to fund Project Medishare programs. Oversee grant process from research, submission, implementation and reporting.
- Create and cultivate relationships with existing funders as well as expanding to new foundations, government institutions, and individual donors to fund these proposals.
- Lead strategic and operational financial planning and management, overseeing CFO and in-country accounting team. Must oversee and ensure reporting between program spending and management as well as all grant reporting and allocations. Project Medishare is dedicated to financial transparency and accountability. Must have experience with developing budgets, managing budgets and crisis situations that require quick thinking and reallocations of resources within existing guidelines.
- Ensure timely submission of financial, programmatic and management progress reports to board as well as monitoring and evaluation of program activities and personnel.
- Oversee compliance with sanctioning governments (US and Haitian) and donors.
- Establish and nurture supportive and collaborative working relationships with all internal and external program partners, institutions, and contributors in order to engage academic, research, educational, technical and other expertise required to meet program deliverables.
- Significant and proven leadership skills established by several years of senior management responsibilities.
- Graduate degree in international development, public health, medicine, or a related field, and/or several years of related experience.
- Strong experience with fundraising and ability to work with institutional and individual donors including high profile government, corporate, sports, and entertainment figures.
- Excellent financial management skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong presentation skills, teamwork and diplomacy skills including fostering a healthy organizational culture.
- Ability to operate and be effective in diverse environments, ranging from Miami and Washington DC to Port-au-Prince and rural Haiti.
- Fluent in English and French or Creole, with Spanish proficiency a plus.
- Must thrive with a highly engaged and active board as well as a sophisticated volunteer base, corporate supporters, foundations and major donors.
- Be a smart, creative professional with passion for the mission of the organization and highly developed skills, instincts and limitless energy.
How To Apply:
To apply for the position of Executive Director, Project Medishare for Haiti, please email cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Lorna Sanchez, assistant to Dr. Barth Green, President and Co-Founder of Project Medishare for Haiti, at Ljsanchez@med.miami.edu
Application deadline is August 7, 2011.
Application deadline: August 7, 2011
Education requirements: Master’s Degree
Languages needed: English, French
Employment type: Full time
Professional level: Executive
Salary details: Competitive salary based on experience/expertise.
You can also view this job posting on Idealist by clicking here!